May 10, 2010

A lovely weekend for spinning

I had the most wonderful time this weekend. Our little knitting group - all five of us! - went on a weekend trip to a beautiful village in northern Greece. Two lovely ladies from our group are wonderful spinners. They brought their spinning wheels along and they were patient and amazing teachers.

I'm still sorting through all the pictures but I have one I can't wait to share....


Πέρασα  υπέροχα το σαββατοκύριακο. Η μικρή μας ομάδα πλεξίματος - είμαστε πέντε -  πήγε εκδρομή σε ένα πανέμορφο χωριό. Δύο υπέροχες γυναίκες στην ομάδα μας ξέρουν να φτιάχνουν νήματα από μαλλί και έφεραν όλα τα απαραίτητα εργαλεία μαζί. Ήταν υπομονετικές και καταπληκτικές δασκάλες.

Ακόμα ξεχωρίζω τις φωτογραφίες αλλά είναι μια που πρέπει να σας δείξω...

my first handspun yarn

My first handspun yarn!!! I'm incredibly proud of myself and very happy :) The one on the right is my first attempt, the one on the left is the second skein I made. Two 2-ply skeins of a lovely and very soft merino.


Τα πρώτα μου νήματα!!! Είμαι πολύ περήφανη και πάρα πολύ χαρούμενη. Στα δεξιά είναι η πρώτη προσπάθεια και αυτό στα αριστερά είναι το δεύτερο που έφτιαξα. Είναι και τα δύο από ένα υπέροχο και απαλό merino.


The area was so beautiful, I wish we could have stayed longer. With a view like this, who would want to go back to the city?

Loutraki

Το τοπίο ήταν εκπληκτικό, μακάρι να μπορούσαμε να μείνουμε και άλλο. Με τέτοια θέα, ποιος θα ήθελε να γυρίσει στην πόλη;

10 comments:

  1. wow... gorgeous view AND gorgeous yarn. What's not to love?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there really snow in Greece? I thought it's too hot there for snow. But the view is incredible! I would love to be there as well.

    Hey, wonderful first handspun! :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely yarn, and what a great view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb handspun Alex!
    Do you think you're going to knit it or keep it as a memory from the spinning weekend?
    Philhellene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous looking yarn! Do you have a project for it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's your first handspun? It took me a while for mine to look like that. Great job! I have always wanted to visit Greece. I'll come back for more beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your handspun looks really nice! Looks very soft and squishy. : ) And what a beautiful photo of the view!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Φανταστική εμπειρία!! Να φτιάξεις το δικό σου νήμα... ουαου!!! Φιλιά πολλά Αλεξάνδρα!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, what a view!! The handspun is gorgeous too. What are you plans for it?

    ReplyDelete