May 31, 2010

Pretty yarn makes me happy

It's been a while since my last post, I'm not sure exactly where the time went. I've been busy with lots of little things; nothing important really. The kind of things that leave you exhausted at the end of the day, without feeling any sense of accomplishment. I did try to knit a little whenever I had some free time, even if it was only a few minutes.

I'm working on two projects now, the first is a shawl. It's a fun pattern and perfect for bright, multicolored sock yarn.

sweet jazz shawl

Έχει περάσει καιρός από την τελευταία μου ανάρτηση. Δεν είμαι σίγουρη πώς ακριβώς πέρασαν οι μέρες. Είχα πολλές μικρές δουλειές, αυτές που σε κουράζουν χωρίς να νιώθεις ότι έχεις κάνει σημαντικό. Προσπαθούσα να πλέκω όποτε είχα λίγη ώρα, έστω και μερικά λεπτά μόνο.

Έχω δύο πλεκτά στις βελόνες αυτές τις μέρες, το πρώτο είναι ένα σάλι. Το σχέδιο είναι διασκεδαστικό και αναδεικνύει ωραία τα έντονα και πολύχρωμα νήματα για κάλτσες.

sweet jazz shawl

Pattern / Σχέδιο: Sweet Jazz by Samantha Roshak
Yarn / Νήμα: Laughing Yaffle Sock in Iris

I noticed that my knitting hasn't been very even lately, there are some loose stitches in the shawl; I might have to fix them one by one if blocking doesn't even them out.

sweet jazz shawl

Παρατήρησα ότι δεν πλέκω πολύ ομοιόμορφα αυτές τις μέρες. Κάποιοι πόντοι είναι πολύ χαλαροί και ίσως χρειαστεί να τους διορθώσω έναν έναν, αν δεν βελτιωθεί λίγο η κατάσταση όταν το πλύνω.

Το δεύτερο πλεκτό είναι ένα ζευγάρι κάλτσες. Το σχέδιο το έχω ξαναπλέξει, το έχω μάθει πλέον απ'έξω και μου φαίνεται πολύ εύκολο. Έπλεξα με μικρότερες βελόνες μετά τις τρεις πρώτες επαναλήψεις της δαντέλας. Κατάφερα έτσι να δώσω λίγο σχήμα στην κάλτσα χωρίς όμως να φαίνεται πολύ στο σχέδιο.

monkey sock

My second work in progress is a pair of socks. I've knit the pattern before, I have memorized it completely, so this is a fun and easy knit. I went down a needle size after the first three lace repeats on the leg. I'm happy with the result, it added a bit of shaping without being too noticeable.

monkey sock

Pattern / Σχέδιο: Monkey by Cookie A
Yarn / Νήμα: Laughing Yaffle Sock in Eugenia

I really like the colors in the heel... Μου αρέσουν πολύ τα χρώματα στη φτέρνα :)

monkey sock


And the lace pattern is so pretty! Και η δαντέλα είναι τόσο όμορφη...

monkey sock

One last picture, some beautiful yarn. It's new, I'm really excited that I managed to get it and I love it :) Can you guess what it is?

Μια τελευταία φωτογραφία, μερικά υπέροχα νήματα. Είναι καινούρια, είμαι πολύ ενθουσιασμένη που κατάφερα να τα αποκτήσω και τα λατρεύω. Μπορείτε να μαντέψετε τι είναι;

yarn

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors of your projects! So bright and shiny. :D

    I have no idea what the last yarn is, though... it's very pretty whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely yarns make me happy too! :)
    No clue what yarn that is, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I don't know what it is, but it definitely made me drool! What are you planning to make with it? : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about the yarn, but I love your monkeys! Gee, I hope your uneven knitting doesn't have anything to do with your previous hand issues!! I'm sure it will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yarn. The pink and green on the sock pattern is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarns you chose for the shawl and socks are so pretty. Perfect colors for spring.

    I don't see anything in the shawl that a little blocking won't fix!

    I am so jealous that you've memorized Monkey. I have such a hard time with memorization!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Πολύ όμορφες οι κάλτσες!! Αλήθεια είναι δύσκολες; Φιλιά πολλά Αλεξάνδρα!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bright colors! It's raining where I am, so thanks for that bright spot :)

    ReplyDelete