June 29, 2011

Platamon shawl

My shawl is finished and I'm very excited. It's such an amazing feeling - it was just a picture in my mind and now it's real and I can wear it! I'm going to block it and take more pictures this weekend and I hope to publish the pattern next week. It will be free and available on Ravelry.

Platamon is a small town by the sea. It's where I met my boyfriend and it's also where I started this shawl. The sea is beautiful, it has a great view of the mountains and there's a castle there too! It's a unique and lovely place.

Platamon shawl

Το σάλι μου είναι έτοιμο και είμαι πολύ ενθουσιασμένη! Είναι τόσο υπέροχο συναίσθημα - είχα μια ιδέα, μια εικόνα στο μυαλό μου και τώρα είναι αληθινό και μπορώ να το φορέσω! Θα το πλύνω το σαββατοκύριακο και θα βγάλω περισσότερες φωτογραφίες και ελπίζω να δημοσιεύσω το σχέδιο την επόμενη εβδομάδα! Θα είναι δωρεάν και θα μπορείτε να το κατεβάσετε από το Ravelry.

Έδωσα αυτό το όνομα στο σάλι γιατί γνώρισα τον φίλο μου στον Πλαταμώνα και επίσης, εκεί είμασταν όταν ξεκίνησα αυτό το πλεκτό. Είναι τόσο όμορφο μέρος, λατρεύω τα βουνά, τη θάλασσα και το κάστρο.

Platamon shawl

Yarn // Νήμα: Schaefer Yarn Company Heather in Emma Jacobson and Squoosh Fiberarts Ultra Sock in Beachcomber

Needles // Βελόνες: 3mm and 3,25mm

Project page on Ravelry // το πλεκτό στο Ravelry

Platamon shawl

16 comments:

  1. I like how the blue-brown combination is reminiscent of the sea embracing Olympus' foot in Platamon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is so sweet - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful shawl!! It reminds me of the sea, with those beachy blues and sands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done!!! It does really look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous ... and what a huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What inspiration you made come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been contemplating knitting my very first shawl, this may be it. Can't wait to see the pattern up on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic project. It does look like a combination of sea and land

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Looks great and good for you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is beautiful. I love the colour combinations and the pattern looks great. I cannot wait to give it a try. Well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful shawl! It is really rewarding to bring a vision to life, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Υπεροχο!!!!
    στον Πλαταμώνα εκανα διακοπές 4 χρονια, απιθανο μερος και η θάλασσα να την πιεις στο ποτήρι.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful shawl indeed. I love the colours going together and am looking forward to the blocked pictures - and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors, makes me want to go to the beach! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, I just love this shawl! It's gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete