September 06, 2011

Athens

We went to Athens this weekend and we had a great time! We took the train again and the view was amazing. There were so many fields with golden colors and so many trees on the mountains - I spent more time looking out the window than knitting. The weather in Athens was pleasant, hot but not too hot. We saw our friends, we went shopping and did some sightseeing too.

Athens

I went to my favorite yarn store in Athens and got some replacement tips for the needle I broke a while ago. I bought those wooden needles to knit some Handmaiden Sea Silk yarn I have. However, I started knitting Platamon with them and managed to break them before finishing the shawl. I got three sets of tips, because I know myself and I'll probably break another one soon.

I took two knitting projects along, my Featherweight cardigan and some sock yarn for hexagons. My cardigan is getting longer, I tried it on last night and I'm almost ready to start the ribbing for the body. It was a good project for the trip, simple rows of stockinette, easy to pick up and put down even in the middle of the row.

One of the most exciting things was our visit to the new Acropolis museum; I'll do a separate post on the museum tomorrow.

Athens

Πήγαμε στην Αθήνα αυτό το σαββατοκύριακο και περάσαμε τέλεια! Πήγαμε με τρένο πάλι και η θέα ήταν υπέροχη. Είδαμε πολλά χωράφια με χρυσά χρώματα και πολύ πράσινο πάνω στα βουνά. Πέρασα πολύ χρόνο κοιτάζοντας έξω από το παράθυρο και δεν έπλεξα πολύ. Ο καιρός στην Αθήνα ήταν καλός, είχε ζέστη βέβαια αλλά όχι υπερβολική. Είδαμε τους φίλους μας, πήγαμε για ψώνια και είδαμε και μερικά πιο τουριστικά πράγματα.

Πήγα στο αγαπημένο μου μαγαζί με νήματα και αγόρασα μύτες για τη βελόνα που έσπασα πριν μερικούς μήνες. Αγόρασα αυτές τις ξύλινες βελόνες για να πλέξω το νήμα Handmaiden Sea Silk που έχω, το οποίο γλυστράει πάρα πολύ. Ξεκίνησα όμως να πλέκω το Platamon και πριν το τελείωσω, είχα σπάσει τη βελόνα. Πήρα τρία σετ τώρα, επειδή ξέρω τον εαυτό μου και είμαι σίγουρη ότι όλο και κάτι θα σπάσω πάλι.

Πήρα δύο πλεκτά μαζί μου, το ζακετάκι Featherweight και νήμα για εξάγωνα. Το ζακετάκι μεγαλώνει, το δοκίμασα χθες το βράδυ όταν γύρισα σπίτι και είμαι σχεδόν έτοιμο να ξεκινήσω το λάστιχο. Ήταν καλό πλεκτό για το ταξίδι, απλές σειρές μόνο, εύκολο να το πιάσω και να το αφήσω ακόμα και στη μέση της σειράς

Πήγαμε και στο καινούριο μουσείο της Ακρόπολης και ήταν πραγματικά συναρπαστικό - θα γράψω περισσότερα για αυτό αύριο!

6 comments:

  1. Όμορφες οι φωτογραφίες σου!! Φαίνεται πραγματικά το πόσο ευχαριστήθηκες την βόλτα!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that other people are chronic needle breakers. I thought maybe I just have man-hands...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never broken a needle before so it sounds quite dramatic to have that happen ... and more than once! Love your photos of Athens and I'll have to think about when I should cast on the featherweight cardi. It's been on my queue for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky to live so near that beautiful history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine just getting on a train and ending up in Athens. How cool.

    I've only broken needles by sitting on them. (See, I really do need to go on a diet!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures of Athens are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete