October 25, 2011

Persian poppies progress

I can't believe how long it's been since my last post! It's been rather cold here lately and I've been knitting a lot... Old socks, new socks, a scarf, a cardigan - I've been working on all of those and more. However, the project I'm most excited about and the one that I'm trying to finish as fast as possible, is the Persian Poppies vest for my mother.

Persian Poppies Vest

Of course, with stranded knitting, "as fast as possible" means that after knitting the whole day I can say "Wow! I did 10 rows today!" It takes me about 20 minutes to knit one row. I started with the back and I'm now more than halfway to the armholes. I love the colors and it's a lot of fun choosing each new stripe.

Persian Poppies Vest

Δεν μπορώ να πιστέψω πόσο καιρό έχω να γράψω! Κάνει περισσότερο κρύο εδώ και πλέκω αρκετά. Παλιές κάλτσες, καινούριες κάλτσες, ένα κασκόλ, ένα ζακετάκι - έχω ασχοληθεί με όλα αυτά και περισσότερα. Όμως, το πλεκτό για το οποίο είμαι πολύ ενθουσιασμένη και αυτό που προσπαθώ να πλέξω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται είναι το γιλέκο για τη μητέρα μου.

Φυσικά, με δύο χρώματα στη σειρά, το "πλέκω όσο πιο γρήγορα μπορώ" σημαίνει ότι μετά από μια μέρα συνεχόμενου πλεξίματος μπορώ να πω "Έκανα 10 σειρές σήμερα!" Η κάθε σειρά μου παίρνει περίπου 20 λεπτά. Ξεκίνησα με την πλάτη και έχω κάνει πάνω από το μισό τμήμα πριν τις μασχάλες. Λατρεύω τα χρώματα και χαίρομαι πολύ όταν διαλέγω τα χρώματα για τις ρίγες.

6 comments:

  1. Fair-isle with variegated yarns is really something special, I love what you've got going there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a work of art to create! You're doing a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexandra. So nice to see what you have been up to. And happy belated birhtday in sept.
    I love your poppies. the colors are so adjusted and goodies for the eyes - and the hat is gorgeous too. Love her patterns- so fairytalish;) So glad your doing well

    ReplyDelete