January 16, 2012

Knitting for warm weather: more shawls

Here are a few more shawl patterns with lots of open lace that I absolutely adore. Looking at them just makes me think of summer!

The Hibiscus Shawl (Ravelry) by Laura Chau is so pretty and original. I love how the flower stands out from the lace pattern.

It's hard to choose my favorite Kieran Foley patterns; here are just two of many that I would love to knit. Echo Beach (Ravelry) is just stunning and it's one of the few patterns I've seen where the self-striping yarn actually shows off the lace instead of hiding the pattern. Sound of Waves (Ravelry) is also so pretty, it makes me want to go to the beach right now. I highly recommend looking at his other patterns too, they're all amazing.

Rock Island (Ravelry) by Jared Flood is another gorgeous shawl that I want to knit. I think it looks great in bright and dark colors.

Ζébulon by Ariane Caron-Lacoste is a very elegant shawl with an interesting combination of lace and stockinette stitch. I think it's the kind of shawl that would go with everything.

Arietta by Åsa Tricosa is a lovely lace shawl that also looks good in so many colors.

Platamonas

Σας παρουσιάζω μερικά ακόμα σχέδια για φουλάρια με πολύ δαντέλα που λατρεύω. Όταν τα κοιτάω σκέφτομαι το καλοκαίρι!

Το Hibiscus Shawl (Ravelry) της Laura Chau είναι τόσο όμορφο και πρωτότυπο. Λατρεύω πως το λουλούδι ξεχωρίζει από τη δαντέλα.

Είναι δύσκολο να διαλέξω τα αγαπημένα μου σχέδια από τον Kieran Foley - σας παρουσιάζω δύο από τα πολλά που θα ήθελα να πλέξω. Το Echo Beach (Ravelry) είναι πολύ εντυπωσιακό και είναι ένα από τα λίγα σχέδια που έχω δει, όπου το νήμα που κάνει ρίγες αναδεικνύει τη δαντέλα, αντί να τραβάει την προσοχή από αυτή. Το Sound of Waves (Ravelry) είναι επίσης πολύ όμορφο, όταν το κοιτάω θέλω να πάω στην παραλία. Προτείνω να κοιτάξετε και τα άλλα σχέδιά του, είναι όλα απίστευτα όμορφα.

Το Rock Island (Ravelry) από τον Jared Flood είναι ένα άλλο πανέμορφο σάλι που θέλω να πλέξω. Νομίζω ότι δείχνει τέλειο και με έντονα και με σκούρα χρώματα.

Το Zébulon από την Ariane Caron-Lacoste είναι ένα πολύ όμορφο σάλι που συνδυάζει έξυπνα τη δαντέλα με μια πιο απλή πλέξη. Νομίζω ότι είναι ένα πλεκτό που ταιριάζει με τα πάντα.

Το σάλι Arietta της Åsa Tricosa είναι πανέμορφο, με πολύ δαντέλα και επίσης δείχνει ωραίο σε πολλά χρώματα.

4 comments:

  1. I like Zebulon a lot! But it still kinda terrifies me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ax ti oraia pou einai ola auta, euxaristo gia tin empneusi!
    Philhellene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, there! I havent been here in a while or at my blog, for that matter :D ).
    I joined the "12 shawls i 2012" and will hopefully make at least 12. I have a long queue anyway.

    I really like Arietta (and other Tricosa's patterns).
    I have already made Rock island and it really looks great after blocking.My only problem with that pattern is that it is extremely monotonous. A bit too much for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun choices! I like the middle three.

    ReplyDelete