May 16, 2013

Changes

Lots of things happened when I was away from the blog. The most exciting news is that I moved and it's also the main reason I wasn't blogging. I'm now living in Larisa with my boyfriend and everything is new and exciting and wonderful.

Moving was also the reason I took a little break from knitting. Not on purpose, it was just that there were so many things to do, and then I tried to get my yarn and projects packed up. In our new house, it took me a while to organize everything, to find everything actually. I finished a cute little cardigan for myself in January, bought the buttons for it, and I only just found them yesterday. If you have a lot of yarn and you're planning to move to a new house, definitely try to keep all your knitting stuff together and sort your yarn as much as possible.

Our movers were amazing and did a great job. They were scared impressed by all the yarn and I'm sure it was the first time they saw so much yarn. Seriously, if you're around Thessaloniki and need movers, I absolutely recommend them, you can find them here.

Larisa is less than two hours from Thessaloniki but it's a new experience. It's a lot smaller and has more of a neighbourhood feeling. I love how quiet it is here and how I can walk everywhere, instead of getting stuck in traffic every day. Having the sea nearby is something that I miss, but while I can't enjoy looking at the sea, it's actually a lot faster and easier to get to a nice beach from here. In Thessaloniki, it would take at least an hour, maybe two to get to a nice beach but from Larisa, we're only half an hour away. We are of course looking forward to going swimming soon, as soon as it gets just a little bit warmer (and stops raining). Also, Larisa does have a great view of Mount Olympus when the sky is clear and I've been enjoying that a lot too.

I've finally started knitting again, working on my hexagon blankets and the crochet blanket I showed you recently. I'm also working on a crochet shawl, made up of flowers. I guess the smaller pieces are working better for me right now, although I do have some new sweaters I started in the winter and I would like to finish them soon. The good thing about taking a small break from knitting is that everything seems new again. The bad thing is that I can't remember many details about my projects, and because of the way I packed some things when I moved, the patterns and notes are not always together with the actual knitting.

I'm looking forward to knitting a few hexagons tonight while watching the Eurovision semi final. I do like the Greek song this year and I'm excited to see if it will make it to the final!

Moving to a new city is exciting, but it's not always easy to meet new people. It would be lovely to meet some knitters here, so if you're in Larisa and you're interested in a knitting group or a knitting coffee, send me an email!

Beekeeper's Quilt Blanket in progress

Έχω πολλά νέα να σας πω από τον καιρό που έλειψα από το blog. Το πιο συναρπαστικό είναι ότι μετακόμισα και είναι και ο βασικός λόγος που σταμάτησα να γράφω. Μένω πλέον στη Λάρισα με τον φίλο μου και όλα είναι καινούρια και υπέροχα!

Η μετακόμιση ήταν επίσης ο λόγος που έκανα και ένα διαλειμματάκι από το πλέξιμο. Όχι επίτηδες, απλά είχα τόσα πολλά πράγματα να κάνω και μετά έπρεπε να πακετάρω τα νήματα και τα διάφορα πλεκτά μου. Στο καινούριο σπίτι, μου πήρε λίγο καιρό να οργανώσω τα πράγματα, βασικά να βρω κάποια πράγματα. Είχα τελειώσει ένα χαριτωμένο ζακετάκι από τον Ιανουάριο, αγόρασα τα κουμπιά και μόλις χθες τα βρήκα. Αν έχετε πολλά νήματα και σκοπεύετε να μετακομίσετε, προσπαθήστε να έχετε όλα τα πράγματα του πλεξίματος μαζί και να οργανώσετε όσο γίνεται τα νήματά σας.

Η ομάδα της μεταφορικής ήταν απίστευτη και έκαναν εξαιρετική δουλειά. Ήταν λίγο τρομαγμένοι εντυπωσιασμένοι από όλα τα νήματα, είμαι σίγουρη ότι δεν είχαν ξαναδεί ποτέ τόσα πολλά. Αν είσαστε κοντά στη Θεσσαλονίκη και ψάχνετε μεταφορική, σας τους συστήνω ανεπιφύλακτα και μπορείτε να τους βρείτε εδώ.

Η Λάρισα είναι κοντά στη Θεσσαλονίκη αλλά είναι καινούρια εμπειρία. Είναι πολύ μικρότερη και έχει την αίσθηση της γειτονιάς. Μου αρέσει το πόσο ήσυχα είναι εδώ και το ότι μπορώ να πηγαίνω παντού με τα πόδια, αντί να κολλάω στην κίνηση κάθε μέρα. Μου λείπει η θάλασσα που δεν την έχω πλέον κοντά, αλλά παρόλο που δεν μπορώ να την βλέπω καθημερινά, τελικά είναι πιο γρήγορο και εύκολο να πας από δω σε ωραίες παραλίες. Από τη Θεσσαλονίκη θέλεις τουλάχιστον μια ώρα, ίσως και δύο, ενώ από τη Λάρισα σε μισή ώρα δρόμο έχει ωραία μέρη για μπάνιο. Ανυπομονούμε φυσικά να πάμε σύντομα, μόλις ζεστάνει λίγο ακόμα ο καιρός (και σταματήσει να βρέχει). Επίσης, στη Λάρισα φαίνεται ωραία ο Όλυμπος και το απολαμβάνω και αυτό πολύ.

Ξεκίνησα επιτέλους να πλέκω πάλι, τις κουβέρτες με τα εξάγωνα και την κουβέρτα με το βελονάκι που σας έδειξα πρόσφατα. Πλέκω επίσης ένα σάλι με βελονάκι, με λουλούδια. Νομίζω ότι τα μικρότερα κομμάτια με βολεύουν αυτές τις μέρες, αν και είχα ξεκινήσει μερικά πουλόβερ και ζακέτες το χειμώνα που θα ήθελα να τελειώσω σύντομα. Το καλό με το διάλειμμα είναι ότι όλα μου φαίνονται καινούρια πάλι. Από την άλλη, το κακό είναι ότι έχω ξεχάσει πολλά για τα πλεκτά και λόγω μετακόμισης, τα σχέδια και οι σημειώσεις μου δεν είναι πάντα μαζί με τα πλεκτά.

Ανυπομονώ να πλέξω μερικά εξάγωνα απόψε και να δω τον ημιτελικό της Eurovision. Μου αρέσει το ελληνικό τραγούδι φέτος και ανυπομονώ να δω αν θα πάμε στον τελικό!

Η μετακόμιση σε καινούρια πόλη είναι συναρπαστική αλλά δεν είναι πάντα εύκολο να γνωρίσεις κόσμο. Θα ήταν υπέροχο να γνωρίσω μερικές πλέκτριες εδώ, οπότε αν είσαστε στη Λάρισα και ενδιαφέρεστε για ομάδα πλεξίματος ή καφεδάκι με πλέξιμο, στείλτε μου ένα email!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are back. Sounds like a lovely place, your new home. It has been many years since I heard the Eurovision song contest myself. I always watched in on TV too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, little hexis you've displayed here. I'm sure you'll find fibery kindred spirits near you. Have you looked on Rav?

    ReplyDelete